RALEIGH, (SGRToday.com) - Six Democratic House legislators voted with Republicans to override Gov. Beverly Perdue's veto of a bill that authorizes the energy extraction process known as fracking.
The final House vote on Senate Bill 820, the Clean Energy and Economic Security Act, was 72 to 47.
The Senate passed the veto override by a vote of 29 to 13. No Senate Democrats voted to override the governor's veto.
The House Democrats who voted with Republicans are:
- Kelly Alexander of Mecklenburg County
- William Brisson of Bladen and Cumberland Counties
- Becky Carney of Mecklenburg County
- Susi Hamilton of New Hanover County
- Dewey Hill of Brunswick and Columbus Counties
- Rodney Moore of Mecklenburg County
The legislation's content and voting history can be found at www.ncga.state.nc.us